Alberta’s corporate identity is a program that identifies the Government of Alberta’s facilities, programs and services. The program |
includes the Alberta signature and the emblems of Alberta, including the province’s coat of arms and the flag.
In this website, you will find information on how to use the various elements of the Alberta corporate identity. The website is constantly
being updated to reflect the changes and additions to the Corporate Identity.
Because we need to ensure the logos are used appropriately, they are only available for download to Communications staff on sites
that are password protected.
To get the files you need, your best course is to work with your Communications branch, who can ensure you get the files you need,
along with some guidance on how to place them appropriately.
Suppliers should work through their Government contact who can request logos on their behalf from Communications.
Government of Alberta staff can download some of the files directly from the GoA staff only website. Be sure to
use "goa\" before
your username for access.
Those with access can download the files that are available by logging in to download files.
Should you have any questions you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new Alberta signature
In May 2012 the Government of Alberta logo was revised. The new Alberta signature, as shown in the header above, is now the official
logo of the Government of Alberta.
The Corporate Identity manual is constantly being updated and will be posted as changes are developed. If you have specific
questions regarding any of the content in the Corporate Identity Manual you can send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Corporate Identity Manual
View the Corporate Identity Manual pdf (Posted May 2014)
Changes in Edition 15 include:
• 4.7.4 Update of approval process for signage to include PAB
• 4.7.12 Greening Alberta Initiative signage included
Edition 14 posted April 2014 include:
• 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52 Ministry signature files updated to reflect new names
• 2.4.1 Improper use updated
• 4.1.3 Minister and Associate Minister business card back design updated
• 4.1.4 Standard business card back design updated
• 4.7.1 Signage design updated
Edition 13 posted November 2013:
• 4.6.1 E-mail Footers
Edition 12 posted October 2013:
• 184.108.40.206 ABCs : Information on the classification of ABCs
• 3.2.2 Coat of Arms : Revised text to clarify using the coat of arms
• 4.1.3 Minister business cards : Introduction of The Building Alberta Plan on the back of business cards
• 220.127.116.11.1 Standard business cards : Introduction of The Building Alberta Plan on the back of business cards
Edition 11 posted September 2013:
• 3.0 Emblems of Alberta : Reorganization of the entire section. The Provincial Shield is now available for public use.
• 4.2.4 Mailing Label Style Guide
• 4.4.1 Alberta Seal updated to reflect existing seals available
Edition 10 posted August 2013:
• 4.1.4 Ministry logo use : Clarification on exemptions for ministry specific logos
• 4.7 Signage : updated information to reflect changes to existing project signs. New information on partner logo
placement and Federal sign requirements. Generic signs/decals and scrim have updated graphic.
Edition 9 posted July 2013:
• 4.9 Vehicle identification : this section deals with the location of vehicle decals
Edition 8 posted May 2013:
• 4.7.1 Signage : the Corporate Signage section is updated to reflect a colour change, updated tagline and revised
Edition 7 posted May 2013:
• 4.7.1 Signage : the Corporate Signage section is updated to reflect a colour change and updated tagline
Edition 6 posted February 2013:
• 18.104.22.168 Background Textures : three new ministry textures added
• 2.4.1 Improper use : some examples of situations to avoid when using government logos
• 4.3.1 PowerPoint presentation templates : a list of PowerPoint files available to use
• 4.4.1 The Alberta seals : information about using seals on documents
• 4.7.1 Signage : the Corporate Signage document is integrated into the Corporate Identity Manual
• Interactive bookmarks have been added to allow faster navigation through the manual
Corporate Identity At A Glance
A two-page document with a brief overview of the changes to the Alberta corporate identity program. View the At A Glance pdf (Posted July 2012)
The Emblems of Alberta
The emblems of Alberta reflect the province's history, its natural and diverse landscapes, and its people. You may download and use these
images from The Emblems of Alberta website.